Saturday, June 12, 2010

Coming soon…

I’m about to post several updates to go up over the next week… Soccer Camp… Baseball (which, in June, is the almost always going to be the answer to the question, “What are the Meyers doing?”)…some hard (but very good) growing up lessons…general summer silliness…and almost unbearable cuteness from our littlest joy boy.

In the meantime (and speaking of our littlest): Here’s what he’s doing right now as I’m blogging (thanks to the wonder of a laptop & wireless internet, I’m sitting on the front step as he’s painting.):

 Sidewalk Chalk Paint 001 Sidewalk Chalk Paint 002

That’s homemade sidewalk chalk paint: 1/4 c water, 1/4 c cornstarch, and a few drops of food coloring per container. And it washes right off with the hose (according to the gal from whom I got the recipe – one of my favorite bloggers – I haven’t actually tried to wash it off yet.) I hope it hoses off the painter himself, since he ended up painting his body even more than the sidewalk…

Of course he’s moved on from the painting now. Since I started writing this short update (and uploading pictures from my camera, which is a longer process since there’s lots of video) he has: Painted the sidewalk, painted himself, noticed our neighbor Mike cleaning out his car & asked 10 questions, gotten the mail directly from the mailman’s hand, blown bubbles, and asked for a pail from the garage shelf so he could gather up as many rocks as he can carry. It’s busy being 3…

(and in case you’re wondering where my other two joys are… M & L are downstairs having a FIFA championship on the Wii as we wait for the USv.UK World Cup game to begin.)