Friday, June 18, 2010

Unbearable Cuteness

Well, yesterday’s post was a little heavy. Today’s is most definitely not.

I think I’ve mentioned before that Tobin loves to sing. We get such a kick out of it. And he has definite favorites. I’ve always said that if I had kids, I’d introduce them to real music because I find kid-targeted music difficult to stomach. There is some really great music out there for kids, and my kids love most of the CDs I like to listen to. One problem I never foresaw: Even the best music is mind-numbing if you have to listen to the same song 18 times in a row.

That said… At least it started as a song I love. The current favorite in my car is “Happiness” by David Crowder. He LOVES THAT SONG. We listen to it 4 times a car ride, until I can’t take it anymore (or until Luke rebels). I still really like the song…but I could use a break.

In Matt’s car, the favorite is “I’m Counting on God.” T was singing it in the bath a couple of nights ago, and I had no idea he knew so many of the words (Matt’s only had the CD for a few weeks, and T doesn’t ride with him very often). It was my lucky night, because T was in the mood not just to sing, but to sing for YOU:

Here are the words (in case you don’t understand his “dialect”):

“Joy unspeakable that won’t go away; Just enough strength to live for today; So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring; My faith is on solid rock, I’m counting on God.”

Faith like a child. Am I right?