If at any point in June something reminds you of the Meyer family and you wonder, “Hmmmm, I wonder what those crazy Meyers are doing”, the answer is probably: They are at a baseball game. The College World Series starts next week, which we are SO blessed to get to be a part of, thanks to the generosity of Matt’s parents, George and Renae. And Luke’s baseball season started the third week of May – he had 4 games that last 2 weeks of school (all of them 8pm-10pm games…more on that later.)
Things I’m thankful for:
- We love baseball.
- Tobin is SO MUCH EASIER to have along this year. Last year (and the year before) was exhausting, chasing him around, trying to keep him from eating rocks for 2 hours straight, losing him constantly (don’t worry – when in doubt, he’s at the water fountain.)
- We’re having a much better season so far. They won their first 2 games, tying their win record from last season (that’s right – last summer, they won TWO games. It was a little discouraging for them.)
- The boys (Luke included) are really working hard, and you can see how much they have improved, both in fielding and batting. We have some really good players (mostly the same group as last year, they’ve just hit their stride this year or something.)
- We have a lot of 8pm games. We were concerned about this schedule at the beginning of the season, particularly since we were still getting up early for school that first 2 weeks. Then last Friday we had our first 6pm game. It was scorching hot. So we decided 8pm games rock. I just need to start remembering the bug spray.
- Luke’s is having an unfortunate streak as far as batting is concerned (he’s been walked on twice, and struck out 3x in his last few games.) BUT…he is pitching like a madman. He’s pitched 4 innings so far, and no one has scored on him…only a couple folks even made it on base. He got the game ball from the first game, which brought him home about a foot taller that night – he was so proud.
Here’s some video footage I took the last time he pitched. This is both innings, edited together – just the strike outs. There were a fair number of balls, but that’s no fun to watch. The only thing I don’t like about this video is that you can hear me the whole time because I can’t film silently. At one point I even say, “Hot Diggedy Dog”, which is proof that I’m watching too much Kid TV (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, for those of you without kids. We don’t get the Disney Channel, but you can watch some of their programming online…it’s Tobin’s favorite!) I might have edited that out though…
It’s quite long… feel free to not watch if you’re not related to us. :) This is mostly for Uncle Jon and the rest of our out of town family!!
I’ve never used Vimeo to share before… the upload is way easier than YouTube (and vimeo feels less pervy). I had to change some privacy settings…but I’m pretty sure this will work. Let me know if you can’t see the video! (If you’re getting this in email, I’m pretty sure you’ll have to go to the website to watch the video.)