Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My crafty to-do list….

So first: I’m an overacheiver, and there’s no way I’ll actually have time to get to all of these (maybe not any…although I’m doing the cornucopia for sure, I’ve already requested the chicken wire from my awesome “don’t worry about having to buy craft supplies, she probably already has it on hand” Mother-in-law.)

In addition to time constraints, I’m also limited by supplies – I’ve all but promised Matt no more craft supply buying, anything I want to make I’ll have to make do with what I have one hand (which is kind of fun and has worked out well for me so far. I finished a purse this weekend based on this tutorial – by far my favorite thing I’ve sewn so far. And made from a pair of old man’s pants I got for free from our church’s clothing exchange. I’ll post pictures soon!)

But I have a zillion tutorials/projects sitting in my firefox waiting to be done. I’m not a big bookmarker (I always forget anything I’ve bookmarked), so when I see something I want to do I’ll often just leave it up for a while (thinking I’ll get to it any day now, if it’s something I have supplies for on hand.) I thought I’d make a list here of things I want to try…then I’ll easily be able to find them. Even if I don’t ever get to any of them, maybe some of you will outdo me. :)

This weekend (as soon as I get chicken wire and some grape vine from my aforementioned awesome MIL) I’m making this cornucopia from At Second Street.

image

I went looking around today for Thanksgiving/Fall projects to do with the kids. I’d love to do these two leaf projects:

Finger painted leaves

image

Wax paper & Crayon leaves

image

I think Luke would love doing these candy experiments (assuming I can get him to part with some candy…)

image

 

And I found a couple of things I’d like to do (mostly with Tobin, these are a little young for Luke) on the Family Fun website:

image

image

(probably not as hats, but I thought the cups made cute turkeys)

image

I’ve been gathering scarf/cowl patterns like I want to start a collection:

This one from Living with Punks is at the top of the list (want to make the flower too…):

image

I love that scarf. But I’ll have to buy fabric for it, so it may not happen…

And I’ve had this one up since September. I know, just bookmark it already. I don’t know what my deal is.

This is from Sewing in No Man’s Land, it’s a knock off of an anthropologie scarf. But I don’t think I have any fabric that’s right for this one either. And it’s probably not going to be seasonally appropriate (for NE anyway) for very long. It’s really cute though…

image 

I love both of these cowls that were featured on Ucreate:

image 

I have a number of knitting projects going, so if I make one, it will be the city cowl. For the record? Not a fan of animal prints. So if I make this cowl or the ruffled scarf above, it won’t be in the animal print they used. Cute. But not my style.

Speaking of knitting projects, I started these before our crazy month of travel. But they slightly exceed my knitting skill, so they’re sitting on my needles and I switched to some easier things I could do without much thinking while we were driving all over the planet. But I really want to go back to them (I think the main problem is that I just want the booties, don’t want to actually knit them. But maybe these easier projects are helping me be a better, faster knitter? Here’s hoping…)

image

I’ve had this next one up since September too. And have a shirt already set aside for it (I’m not planning on making a shirt from scratch – thought I’d use one I already have, I was planning on cutting off the sleeves to use as the hearts…)

image

In addition to the above, I’m going to be making some  of my Christmas presents this year. (if not all…depending on how the situation with our rental property works out. Yikes.) Still thinking about what those will be (or I know what they’ll be but can’t share them as my gift recipients read my blog.)

But I would really love to make some of these from A Little Bit Funky:

image

She has them listed as one of her “20 Minute Crafter” crafts. We’ll see about the 20 minutes part…

Total overacheiver, am I right? And aside from the cornucopia and the fall kids’ crafts, I may not get to any of these (unless I am given some fabric I can use for that ruffled scarf. Love that.) But a girl can dream, right?