Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Counting up 1000s of blessings...

holy experience


For the record? If I hadn't started this publicly, I wouldn't be continuing today. I'm not feeling very thankful. But I know that gratitude is a choice, not just a feeling. And I am blessed, even if I don't feel it.

So...I am thankful for:
15. Accountability
16. Marriage: With all of its joys and hardships. And...
17. Thankful that I married the man I married and not anyone else.
18. Forgiveness. And the sure knowledge that no matter how much I forgive those in my life, I can never forgive as much as I've been forgiven.
19. The sound of boys laughing, and having a house filled with laughter.
20. Babysitting! Providing a little extra income for us, a playmate for Tobin, and a safe place for our friends to leave their newly adopted Ugandan daughter.
21. I'm not feeling super thankful for my messy house. But I am thankful to have a house to clean, and people to clean up after.
22. Sunlight coming in through the windows.
23. The recognition that my feelings sometimes (often) lie to me.

See? I feel better already. :)