Saturday, February 4, 2012

The gift of TODAY

I have a capture gratitude post coming on Monday, but today deserves a post of it's own (otherwise Monday's post would be long enough that no one would want to read it!!) It feels like today was a GIFT from beginning to end.

I'm not usually the world's biggest fan of snow. I mean, it's pretty and all, but it makes life harder, and comes along with cold that my Texas blood can't take.

But this winter hasn't really felt like winter. Until now.

Friday night when I went to bed, it was just starting to snow.


When we woke up the next morning, this is what we found (this is the same view as above):

Officially Lincoln got 10 inches of snow, but with the way it drifts in our yard, we had a lot more. So...all plans for the day were cancelled.

The kids were SO excited (Luke woke up at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep.) It rained all day Friday, then turned to snow so it was wet snow - perfect for fort and snowman building, and also the kind of snow that coats buildings and trees. Beautiful.

We started the day with monkey bread.


Hung out in our PJs for a while, and then the boys headed outside.



I didn't know what Micah would think about it, but he stayed outside with the other boys for HOURS. I of course went out for long enough to get some good pictures and video, then came back inside. I like my job of "hot chocolate maker". And since we were out of hot chocolate mix, they got the really good kind made with milk and Cocoa. It was delicious - I had to have a mug too, after all my cold picture taking...


We ended the day with Taco soup and reading books together (and Luke doing his homework since tomorrow will be filled with football, not homework!)

Thankful thankful thankful for a beautiful day.