Monday, January 4, 2010

snow days...





Between being snowed in and Christmased-out, December just flew by. I've got a LOT to share!

Shortly after our Christmas program, we had 3 snow days in a row. It was pretty exciting...at first. After 2 days, though, I was ready to get back to my to do list, and get out of the house.

This is by far the most snow Lincoln has gotten in any of my 4 previous winters here. I'm VERY thankful that we were in TX for the second blizzard, so we were not trapped inside again! Our Lincoln family (Bill & Sara) and our Iowa family (the McCutcheons) were without power for significant amounts of time on Christmas, and even our hardy Minnesota family (the Hinds & Husos) were snowed in on Christmas day. Meanwhile, we were in Houston, where everyone was freezing to death at 50 degrees :).

This morning when I drove Luke to school, our van registered NEGATIVE 11. Negative ELEVEN. I think that's the coldest I've ever been out in... But I hear we have even colder coming this week. I'm pretty happily trapped inside for potty training, round 2. This time for keeps (I hope.) So far, T is doing very well, with no accidents. But it's only been 4 hours or so... I'm sure you'll hear more about that later...

In the meantime, here are pictures & a video of our December fun in the snow... I'll put Christmas stuff up over the next few days!