Monday, November 12, 2012

Capture Gratitude: October

"Through Him then, let us continually offer up a 
sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips 
that give thanks to His name."
Hebrews 13:15

Oh, it was a GOOD month. And we're definitely in the part of 2012 when I every moment reminds me of where we were in 2011. So much to be thankful for!

181. FALL = LEAVES
Tobin spent September WAITING for the leaves to start falling. As soon as leaves fell, out came the rakes. T & Micah entertained themselves for hours last month raking leaves into piles. WIN.



182. CELEBRATIONS
Nothing like ice cream to celebrate hard work at school. We let Tobin get a waffle cone...which ended up being almost as big as his head. He was THRILLED.

183. TIME WITH MY BIGGEST BOY
This is more hit or miss than I like... But I am really trying to spend one-on-one time with Luke. With 2 smaller brothers, and a busy schedule of his own, I feel like this is hard to come by. If I don't have meetings on Friday afternoons, I like to pick him up from school and go grab some coffee/hot chocolate with him. We like to play a game or something...but this particular Friday was the week before our retreat in Colorado, and I had a TON of preparation to do. So Luke read for school while I worked - and it was still a sweet time. Plus: Pumpkin Scones.


184. BABIES
One of my very dear friends got married, being pretty sure that she could not have biological children. It's a long story, but the happy ending is that at the beginning of October, this little pumpkin was born. I LOVE HER.


 
And a few weeks later... What a CUTIE.



185. FAMILY TIME
Matt's Dad & Stepmom (Omi & Opi!) came down for dinner and doughboys. Yay!



And then the next week, we headed out to Matt's mom & stepdad's (Grammie & Papa!), for Sara's birthday. Yay for fun times with our sweet Nebraska family!



And lest I present a too-perfect picture of my boys... Please don't be fooled. Check out the middle school boy shenanigans.



186. FOOTIE PAJAMAS & CORN HEADS
If you've been reading my blog for long, this first picture needs no words. I love footie pajamas.

187. REACH REATREAT/COLORADO
One of the highlights of our Fall is the retreat we take students on every October, to a lovely camp near Estes Park, CO. It is beautiful, and the Lord is always SO GOOD to work in us and in our group during our time there.

This year was especially rich... It was a crazy retreat, everything we planned got unplanned and had to be replanned. And while we started off thinking our numbers would be severely limited, it ended up being the biggest trip we've ever done (EIGHTY women. Eight-Zero. That is a lot of women.)




188. COMING HOME
We had a WONDERFUL time in Colorado, and I am so thankful to get to do what we do with college students. But it was SO GOOD to come home to our boys.




189. HALLOWEEN
Last year we were in Uganda, which was lovely. But it was awfully nice to be home for the whole American shebang. And getting to introduce Micah to it all was a DELIGHT.

For more Halloween fun, click here.