Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The APRON!

So it’s going to look like I’ve been sewing up a storm…but I actually finished this apron forever ago, just after I mentioned it here, a month ago today. But I hadn’t taken a picture of it yet… and my sweet mom (who was very excited to get me a sewing machine for my birthday, and has been super encouraging and helpful as I’ve begun this “teach myself to sew from the internet” adventure) has been dying to see it.
So here it is! The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, and the pattern was McCalls.  I think it came out super cute – what do you think, mom? :)

Not bad considering I’m still working on sewing in straight lines!


I had to do self-timer photos, since the reason that it’s taken me a month to get these up is that I always forget when Matt or Luke are here to take the picture.





Tobin thought it was pretty exciting (the self-timer…he’s not a giant fan of having his picture taken at the moment.) He wanted in on the deal:


And then he wanted Dudley in there too, but was really disappointed that Dudley wouldn’t look at the camera. No way was D going to pose for the camera with it sitting on the deck railing…


   

More sewing projects coming soon!