Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Picking Time

Since most of what I'm posting right now is catch up, I thought I'd go ahead and share what we did this weekend in a timely manner.

In our Kindergarten curriculum, we are on Unit 4: A is for Apple. So on Saturday, we loaded up the family and headed out to Martin's Hillside Orchard in Ceresco. Sometimes I feel like the effort it takes to get everyone organized and out the door for a fun time is hardly worth the fun you have. I was pretty grouchy by the time we were loaded in the car (I'm beginning to wonder if Saturdays as a stay-at-home mom don't bring out the same pressure-y issues that New Year's Eve does for me.) But once we got there, it was really fun. It is so beautiful out there, and fun to be outside on a beautiful (if warm) fall day.

The kids LOVED getting to use the apple picker (and stopped fighting over it after just a little bit). And you can't ever go wrong with a hayrack ride.