Monday, February 27, 2012

Necklaces! (AKA "Help us finish our adoption!")

3/18/2012 We are out of necklaces! Thank you SO MUCH for helping us get closer to finalizing our adoption - and I LOVE the thought of so many friends and family wearing a piece of Uganda!!




Anyone want a really cute necklace for a good cause?


We are cutting things pretty close financially after our trip to Uganda and all the associated costs. We're expecting that our tax refund will clear up the last of those costs (Matt is tirelessly working on finishing up our taxes...so thankful that's not my job. I need to remind myself of that when I'm frustrated with all the things that *are* my job. See: laundry. And cleaning toilets. And changing poopy poops.)

BUT then we have the cost of finalization. In Uganda, we were granted legal guardianship of Micah Marvin (praise God!) After 6 months, we'll be able to finalize, meaning that we'll formally adopt Micah here in the states. At that point, he'll officially and FOREVER be a Meyer, and an American citizen. We have a few attorney friends who've offered their services for this - again, PRAISE GOD. But there are still court fees, plus the cost of several post-placement visits from our social worker. We'd love to finalize as soon as possible - but right now we can't afford it.

I have a couple of ideas for my Etsy shop that I'm hoping will sell well. But we also have a BUNCH of lovely Ugandan paper bead necklaces that we bought in Uganda for just this purpose.
 
They are multi-colored lovely bright pastels, perfect for Spring. They are long - long enough to wrap around my neck 3 times, which is usually how I wear them, because I like the layers.


Here it is doubled & long... With a cute co-model.



My favorite thing: It matches everything. I rarely have anything that I *can't* wear with this necklace. Love it. I could wear it every day. My mom actually did wear a necklace like this every day I was in Uganda. Until we got our visa and were headed home, she wore this as a reminder to pray. She said there was only one day that she had to tuck it inside her shirt b/c it just didn't match. (side note: how precious is my mom to do that for us??)

One of these cuties can be yours with a $15 donation - Just click the "donate" button below (you're donating to our adoption/post-adoption fund, but it's not tax-deductible, obviously.)

Every bit helps!! Plus I love the idea of many of my friends sporting Ugandan handiwork this Spring.

** Note: If you want more than one, just click the donate button for as many as you want. Or contact me & I'll hook you up (you can email or facebook me, or just comment on this post). I've also had some friends ask how they can donate a little extra (for example, one friend wanted to donate $45, but only wanted 2 necklaces) - just let me know and I can help you out with that too. THANK YOU for blessing our family!!!